Castlewood School Governing Body
Quality and Standards Committee Castlewood Road
Chair: Maria Roberts Southwater
Vice Chair: Andy Guy West Sussex
Telephone: 01403 734822
Fax 01403 734978
Our School’s key strengths:
Care, guidance and support at all levels: Team Work
Creative Curriculum and enrichment opportunities
Positive behaviour – inside and outside of school
Q&S Committee Meeting - Thursday 16th June 2016 at 7pm
Max Time Lead
1. Apologies for absence and Declarations of Pecuniary Interests 2 mins MR
2. Approval of minutes from previous meeting 21st April 2016 2 mins MR
3. Matters arising from previous meeting on 21st April 2016 2 mins MR
Consider producing a Venn diagram to show how many pupils sit within multiple groups (BME, SEN and PP). For Governors to view in July’s FGB.
Update the SEF following the group session.
Ensure the Equality Policy is reviewed and approved in the Resources Meeting 28/4/16
Send the two approved policies to the school office; Confidential Reporting, and Management of Allegations against Staff.
Confirm with Jackie Gatenby (WSCC) the role of MR during the new Headteacher recruitment process.
4. Update on SATs 15 mins JS
5. Safeguarding – changes for Sep 16 10 mins JS
6. SEF 10 mins All
7. Teaching School Alliance 10 mins JS
8. AOB 5 mins All
Additional Meeting Papers provided:
1. Previous meeting minutes (21st April 2016)
Dates of next meetings:
Thursday 14th July
9am - FGB (all day in school)
Embed tracking system
Enable Lower Ability pupils to accelerate
Raise parental expectation
What difference have we made to the school through what we have discussed today?